Read the facts and figures that influence our work and the impact that we make.
Fact and figures that influence our work
- There are an estimated 19,899 people in Islington living with depression, the second highest recorded prevalence of depression in London.*
- There are 3,943 people in Islington living with a serious mental illness, the highest prevalence of serious mental illness in London.*
- Poverty is an issue in every part of the borough: there is a neighbourhood in every ward in Islington that is among the poorest 20% of neighbourhoods in England.*
* Taken from the State of Equalities in Islington- Annual Report 2019: Islington Council, 2019
How we support people
We asked participants about their experience of the Stuart Low Trust.
- 86% believe that SLT has helped them to become or feel healthier.
- 86% believe that SLT has helped them to experience greater wellbeing.
- 85% believe that SLT has helped them to meet people in an enjoyable way.
- 83% believe that SLT has helped them to look forward to enjoying things.
- 83% believe that SLT has helped them to feel less isolated.
These figures were taken from our 2018 impact report. Click through to read it.
The context to these numbers
Find out more about the context to these numbers:
More about our work
Click through to find out more about: