The government has recently announced a change in social distancing measures . As a result, we wanted to share the Stuart Low Trust’s response to these and our plan for a winter programme of activities.
How we have responded to COVID19 so far
In March 202 0 we suspe nd ed all our face to face activities. Instead we have t r ied to deliver our programme of arts, nature and wellbeing activities differently.
Between April and July, we have:
- Run 59 virtual activities
- Sent 17 ‘Delivering Differently’ e-newsletters
- Written 8 health and wellbeing blogs
- Sent out 2 postal mailouts
You can read more about how we have adapted to online delivery, including the safety measures that we have taken, on our blog about technology.
Listening to our people
Over the last few months, we have been listening to our participants, staff, volunteers and partners. They have been sharing their thoughts about how we can safely return to face to face activities. They have all told us that the health, safety and welfare of all those involved in our activities is the thing we need to consider first.
Given the rising infection rates across London and the current government guidance, the Stuart Low Trust has decided to continue to deliver virtual activities on line until we feel it is safe to return to face to face activities.
We want to continue to obtain feedback from our participants during the winter, so please do fill out our survey, even if you have previously filled out a survey. We want to know how your needs are changing during this time.
Our Winter Activity Programme
We will aim to deliver a winter programme that mirrors our face to face activities as much as possible. We will:
- Continue to deliver our Philosophy Forum online
- Continue to deliver our Choir Online
- Continue to share Mindfulness videos recorded by Katy Connel, our Mindfulness Trainer
- Continue to share concerts and talks that mirror our Friday Evening Events
- Continue to send out our regular postal newsletter
- Keep updating our Virtual Arts and Nature visits pages on our website
- Be running new arts workshops online
- Be running more Wellbeing Workshops online
Our gardening group normally has a winter break from Nov-March. Due to COVID-19 and social distancing measures the gardening group will be taking an extended break until March/April/May 2021. We’ll be relaunching the group in 2021 in line with government guidance.
Support getting online
If you would like to attend one of our online sessions, but need support with this, get in touch with us. We will try and help you. If we can’t help you, we will try and signpost you to other sources of support.
Ring us on 020 7713 9304 or email us at email@example.com to let us know that you need help getting online.