It’s really important to look after your physical health during social distancing.
Looking after your body whilst working from home
- Posture tips for laptop users: list of tips from the NHS
- Temporary Working at Home Guidance from HSE- Workstation Setup: Video
Maintain your fitness- workout videos
- 10-minute workouts -NHS list of exercises
- Chair home workout for seniors from Joe Wicks
- 5-minute wake up NHS workout
- Low Impact at home NHS workout
Stretches for flexibility
Maintain your fitness-live classes
Healthy Generations are providing live exercise classes via Zoom:
- Keep-fit with Peter: Every Thursday 6.30-7.30pm.
- Pilates with Alice: Every Thursday 11.30am-12.30pm.
- Pilates with Emma: Every Friday 9.30am-10.30am.
- Chair Yoga with Jesica: Every Monday 2.00pm-3.00pm- in Partnership with East of Eden.
- Balance and movement practice with Jessica: Every Tuesday 12.30pm-1.30pm.
- Chair Yoga with Jessica: Every Friday 2.00pm – 3.00pm.
Get some help to use Zoom:
- Zoom class to learn Zoom! With Peter partnership with IPF (Islington Pensioners Forum) Wednesday 3.30-4.30pm. Email email@example.com or a text to 0757 978 5053 and he will send back the URL you can copy and paste into your browser – with full instructions!
- Read our guide to using Zoom here.
Help inform the support we provide
Please help us to deliver the best support possible during this time, by taking this short survey: https://stuartlowtrust.typeform.com/to/BFpisk
Take care when exercising.
If you don’t already exercise regularly, then listen to your body and take it slowly at first.
These links are designed for guidance and motivational purposes.
This is not medical or professional health advice. Talk to a doctor or medical professional if you are unsure about the suitability of these workouts.